Class had been typical. I sat in my chair anxiously awaiting my freedom. "Ring. Ring. Ring." I swiftly jumped from my chair and headed for the door. I downed my tuna sandwich as I headed for my place of safety. Wrede, Brooks, Card, Salvatore: my homes. I scanned the shelves for the newest book added to the series. Angel Fire East pops into my hand. My eyes dart over the back of the book as my legs carry me to check it out. "Beep." It is done. My eyes are now glued. I consume the pages. The bell rings. I walk to class my eyes never leaving the page. I sit in my chair. The book slips under the table for my eyes, not the teachers. He begins speaking. I continue to delve further in. He writes the homework on the board. I glance up and quickly scribble the words. The bell rings and I'm off carefully dodging students. My eyes never leaving the words. As the school day ends I begin my walk home book open, eyes down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I love this!
Post a Comment